My girls have always previously been fans of the traditional chewy plain chocolate brownies until I discover the white and gluten free versions. Now these are the only two recipes I am requested to make! The dark chocolate gluten free brownies with white chocolate chips are beautifully moist and luxurious - you would have no idea they were gluten free, or the White Chocolate Brownies with milk and white chocolate chips which are more dense, moist and have a slightly more cake like texture.
I shared the gluten free brownie recipe with you in my previous recipe blog, but if you fancy making them just click on the link and it will take you to the recipe (scroll down and it's halfway down the blog) Gluten Free Recipe
Today I thought I would share the White Chocolate Brownie Recipe with you - as it would be great with mini eggs on top for Easter!
White Chocolate Brownies
- 200g White Chocolate (chopped)
- 200g White Chocolate (melted)
- 4 large eggs
- 230g Butter (softened)
- 230g Caster Sugar
- 130g Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 180C.
- Melt the 200g chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water, put to the side to cool slightly.
- Mix the butter and the sugar until they are creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and the melted chocolate to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Slowly stir in the flour and then add the 200g white chocolate chips (or a mix of white and milk chocolate chips if you prefer).
- Pour the batter into a tin lined with baking parchment (NOTE: these brownies do not rise much at all - so pour the batter as thick as you would like the brownies to be once cooked).
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool until completely cold in the tin.
- Take out of tin and remove the baking parchment and place on clean piece of baking parchment.
- Melt the milk or plain chocolate (depends on your taste) in a bowl over hot water.
- Pour the chocolate into a piping back (I use a freezer bag and cut the tip to use as a piping bag).
- Drizzle chocolate over the top of the brownies in any design you fancy.
- Leave until the chocolate has set before cutting into squares and devouring!!