- Ready made Puff Pastry
- Cherry Jam
- 165g Ground Almonds
- 1 65g Caster Sugar
- 75g Softened Butter
- 5 Medium Egss, beaten
- 3/4 Teaspoon Almond Essence
- Flaked Almonds(optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line a deep flan dish. Knock up the edges with the back of a knife and then mark the rim with the prongs of the fork. Fill the bottom of the pie with the cherry jam. Chill in the fridge whilst making the rest of the filling.
- Beat the softened butter until soft and creamy and then add the ground almonds, sugar, eggs and almond essence. Mix until smooth.
- Pour topping over the jam and put pie into the oven to bake.
- After approximately 25 minutes take out of oven and sprinkle with the flaked almonds then put back into oven for a further 5-10 minutes - until the filling is set.
- Serve warm or cold with custard or cream. (p.s. we prefer ours without the flaked almonds on top)